Dark nights, cold wet weather and national lockdown are enough to test even the most sanguine of us? So, why not brighten your day, just a little, with a Toastie? This fast, warming snack is seriously tasty, here are a few suggestions to kick things off.
- 4 pieces of bread
- 1 tbsp soft butter
- 150g cooked chicken tikka
- 4 tbsp mayo
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped mint
- ¼ thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tsp mango chutney
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- Butter the bread then place butter side down into the toastie maker.
- Lay a thin of slice macaroni cheese on each slice of bread.
- Mix all the ingredients together well then spread onto the 2 slices of bread.
- Add a little fresh coriander
- Top with the slices of bread butter side up.
- Press and cook for 5 minutes or until golden.