Dark nights, cold wet weather and national lockdown are enough to test even the most sanguine of us? So, why not brighten your day, just a little, with a Toastie? This fast, warming snack is seriously tasty, here are a few suggestions to kick things off.
- 4 pieces of bread
- 1 tbsp soft butter
- 8 slices any cheese
- handful baby spinach leaves
- 2 eggs
- dash Worcester sauce
- Butter the bread then place butter side down into the toastie maker.
- Lay 2 slices of cheese on the 2 slices of bread.
- Crack one egg one each slice.
- Top with a few spinach leaves and a dash Worcester sauce.
- Top with the remaining slices of cheese and top slice of bread butter side up.
- Press and cook for 5 minutes or until golden.