Prep Time: 20 mins
Ready in: 20 mins
Difficulty: Very Easy
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper
- cut into 1cm pieces
- ½ tsp paprika, optional
- 350g long grain rice
- 200g frozen chicken strips
- defrosted and cooked
- 500g frozen jumbo prawns
- 600mls boiling water, roughly
- 1½ vegetable stock cubes, crumbled
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- Only a little salt needed
- Course ground black pepper
- 2 pots fresh parsley, chopped roughly
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C gas mark 6.
- Heat the oil, and then add the onions, garlic, and pepper.
- Cook for 10 minutes so the pepper releases its colour slightly, add ½ tsp paprika to help that along.
- Next add the rice and coat well in the oil and onion.
- Then add the chicken pieces and the prawns then mix really well.
- Next, add the boiling water, stock cube, tomato puree, a little salt and pepper and really mix well.
- Bring back to the boil, cover with a tight fitting lid and then pop into the oven.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, remove the lid and stir well.
- Recover and leave for 10 minutes, then serve with a sprinkling of parsley.