Prep Time: 20 mins
Ready in: 20 mins
Difficulty: Very Easy
- 1 head broccoli, broken into smaller florets
- 8 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 pint milk
- ¼ tsp fresh nutmeg
- 75g butter
- 75g plain flour
- 200g grated extra strong Cheddar cheese, plus a little extra for the top
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 2 tsp English mustard
- 200g sun blush tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Heat the milk and add the spring onion and nutmeg and leave to infuse for 10 minutes.
- In another pan heat the butter, then add the flour and bring together, then add the warm milk and whisk to the boil, then remove from the heat.
- Off the heat stir in the cheese and mustard, then season well with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- Place a large pan of water on the stove and season well with salt, and then bring to the boil.
- Once boiling add the cauli and cook until slightly under done, then remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and place into iced water.
- Next, REALLY drain well in a colander.
- Arrange the cooked cauli into a baking dish so it’s nice and tight.
- Sprinkle over the tomatoes and spoon over the sauce, then top with the extra cheese.
- Brown under a hot grill or in a hot oven.
- Serve with spicy mango chutney on the side and crusty bread.