The weather is warming up and it’s the perfect time to enjoy a fresh summer salad and what could be better than a fantastic homemade dressing.
- 4 medium organic carrots, cut in very fine strips
- 5 banana shallots, peeled and sliced very thinly
- 1 green under ripe mango, in very thin strips
- 1 small can water chestnuts finely sliced
- ½ small red chilli, very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Nam Pla (fish sauce)
- 4 cloves garlic, 3 finely chopped and cooked in a little oil until golden (this really changes the flavour of the garlic) 1 finely pasted raw
- 2 tbsp palm sugar or soft brown sugar, crushed
- finely grated zest and juice 4 large limes
- 2 tbsp any oil
- pinch salt and freshly ground pepper
- To finish
- 5 heaped tbsp fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 5 heaped tbsp fresh Thai basil roughly chopped
- 150g salted Jumbo peanuts, roughly chopped and toasted
- 1 medium ripe avocado, 1cm cubes
- Place the carrots, shallots and mango into a separate bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, place the chilli, Nam Pla, garlic, palm sugar, lime juice (all 3) and zest from 2 limes, oil mix really well, then season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over the raw veg and leave for 30 minutes to soften slightly.
- When ready to serve, add the coriander, basil, peanuts and avocado really mix well.