The perfect accompaniment to Mince Pies and Christmas Pudding. I like to serve double cream as well, why not, after all it is Christmas.
- 568mls full cream milk
- 55g unrefined castor sugar
- 30g custard powder, slaked with 4 tablespoons cold water
- 55g cold salted butter, cut into small cubes
- Brandy or Armagnac to taste
- Boil the milk and thicken with the custard powder/water mix.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the sugar and cold butter until dissolved.
- Finally stir in the Brandy, cover and keep warm.
- I keep mine in a Thermos flask, it keeps perfectly well.