Prep Time: 20 mins
Ready in: 30 mins
- 400g 15-20% fat beef mince
- 6 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, very finely chopped
- ½ medium egg white
- 2 level tbsp cornflour
- 1 x can chopped tomatoes in juice
- 1 x 10g vegetable stock cube
- 100mls water
- pinch sugar
- 150g fresh baby fresh spinach leaves
- Place the mince, garlic, onions and salt and pepper into a bowl and really mix well, you will need a paste consistency.
- Mix the egg white and cornflour together really well.
- Roll the mince into small balls, size of 50p piece, roughly.
- Add to the cornflour and egg white and really coat well.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil (any) in a large sauté pan (with a lid) and add the meatballs and roll around until nicely browned and sealed well.
- Add the canned tomatoes, crumbled stock cube, water and sugar (optional) bring to the boil, then turn down then heat to a simmer and cover, cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- At the 10-minute mark remove the lid and cook until you have a nice sauce consistency.
- Meanwhile add 2 tbsp oil to a non-stick frying pan and heat, then add the beetroot gnocchi. Sauté over a high heat to get a nice colour, say 3-4 minutes.
- Add the spinach to the meatballs and wilt through, and re-season well.