- 2 x 12’ discs of sweet dessert pastry
- 700g fresh blueberries
- 4-6 tbsp castor sugar
- 1½ tbsp cornflour
- zest and juice of 1 large lime
- 1 medium beaten egg
- granulated sugar for sprinkling on top of the pie
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C, Gas 4.
- Line the tart case with1disc of pastry.
- Place the blueberries and cornflour into a bowl and really mix well.
- Add the sugar and lime juice and mix well again.
- Pour into the lined tart, moisten the edges with a little beaten egg.
- Top with the second disc, seal the edges well.
- Cut off any excess pastry and crimp decoratively.
- Brush with beaten egg, and sprinkle with sugar, make 3 small incisions in the top of the pie and place in the oven.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes until the top of the pie is golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool before eating.
- Cut into wedges and serve with lots of ice cream and vanilla sweetened double cream.