Prep Time: 30 mins
Ready in: 15 mins
Difficulty: Very Easy
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 x roasted cauliflower
- 4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- For the sauce
- 600mls milk
- 1 x 10g vegetable stock cube, crumbled
- 60g soft butter
- 50g flour
- 2 tsp English mustard
- 4 tbsp chopped parsley
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- smoked paprika
- extra grated cheese, optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C / Gas 7
- Score the potatoes around the girth of the potato to stop them bursting when hot.
- Slide in a teaspoon through and pop into the oven, cook for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof frying pan
- Add the cauli season well and sauté for a minute or 2
- Place the pan in the oven and cook for 15 minutes
- Stir the cauli well and return to the oven for a further 10-15 minutes, or until the cauli is well coloured, I actually like mine slightly darker in colour, for more flavour
- Meanwhile pour the milk into a thick bottomed pan and add the stock cube, then bring to a gentle simmer.
- Mix the butter, flour and mustard together, then whisk into the simmering milk.
- The sauce will thicken pretty much straight away, then remove from then stove.
- Add 100g of the cheese and the parsley and season and mix well.
- Slice the cooked jackets in half lengthways and place all 8 halves into a baking tray so they fit snugly.
- Place the warm baked cauli into a bowl and add the hot sauce and fold together carefully but well.
- Spoon evenly over the halved jackets, top with the rest of cheese and a little paprika and re bake in the oven or under a grill ‘til nice not coloured, then serve.