- 1 fresh bloomer loaf
- 200g really soft butter
- 2 cloves garlic chopped really finely
- ground black pepper
- 250g wafer-thin cooked ham
- 250g wafer-thin cooked turkey
- 300g Leerdammer cheese slices
- Place the loaf on a board and, using a serrated knife cut 2cm slices along the whole loaf, making sure you don’t cut all the way through, creating a concertina effect.
- Spread the garlic butter into each slice of the loaf.
- Then add ham, turkey and cheese in the buttery cuts.
- Place the loaf on a grate above the cooling embers and cook for 20 minutes or so, occasionally turning to get an even cook.
- Open carefully, place on a board and cut right through and serve.