Prep Time: 20 mins
Ready in: 25 mins
- 1 x 24cm x 4cm baked blind shortcrust pastry shell, brushed with egg to seal
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 rashers back bacon, cut into very small pieces
- 2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 350g cooked potatoes cut into small cubes
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped parsley
- 250g finely grated Gruyere or Emmental cheese
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 pint milk, boiled and cooled for 10 minutes
- pinch nutmeg
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, Gas 4.
- Heat the oil and add the bacon and cook for 10 minutes, then add the onions and cook for a further 5minutes.
- Spread over the base of the flan, then sprinkle over the cooked cubed potatoes.
- Sprinkle over the parsley then top with the cheese.
- Gently whisk the eggs with hot milk, nutmeg and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over the cheese but only half fill.
- Place the flan on a baking tray then place in the oven, fill up the flan to the top now it's placed in the oven. This way, you do not get any spillage.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes do not soufflé.
- I like to serve my quiche with a crisp, dressed green salad.