- 2 large Bramley apples
- 2 desert apples, any will do
- 200mls cold water, roughly
- juice and finely grated zest 1 large lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 75g castor sugar depending on the sweetness of the apples
- 50g unsalted butter
- Peel and core the apples.
- Place the water, chopped apples, lemon juice, salt, pepper and sugar into a small saucepan
- Cook gently for 15 minutes until the apples are soft and pulpy and you have a nice thick stew.
- Season with a little salt, pepper, sugar and the butter.
- Remove from the heat and cool, then add the lemon zest, serve.