Serves: 6-8 kids
Prep Time: 20 mins
Ready in: 30-40 mins
- 1 large cottage loaf
- 4-6 tbsp olive oil
- 200g shaved turkey
- 1 x 210g tin sweetcorn drained
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced thickly
- 4 tbsp pesto
- 250g Mozzarella cheese, very thinly sliced
- 6 tbsp houmous
- Small handful rocket
- Pre heated oven 200°C gas 6.
- Cut the loaf into 5 slices horizontally.
- Lay each slice onto a chopping board.
- Spoon over the olive oil evenly on the sliced bread, then season each slice with salt and pepper.
- On the large base slice of bread, lay the shaved turkey and the sweetcorn evenly.
- Lay the next slice of bread on top, and then lay over the plum tomatoes and pesto.
- Lay the next slice of bread on top and spread over the Mozzarella cheese evenly.
- Top with the next slice of bread.
- Finally spoon over houmous and rocket.
- Top with the final crust.
- Place the loaf onto a very large piece of foil and wrap the loaf totally.
- Wrap in a second large piece of foil and squeeze nice and tightly.
- Place onto a baking tray and pop into the oven.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Once cooked remove from the oven and press nice and tightly again, be quite brutal here, the more you press the better the chilled loaf will cut the next day.
- Cool and chill well, best overnight.
- Next day, remove from the fridge and take on your picnic.
- Open and slice to order.