Traybakes are super-fast and easy, perfect for a midweek feast and my baked salmon with olives and peppers is a doozey.
- 1 x 500g roasted peppers, roughly chopped
- 150g black pitted olives, roughly chopped
- 10 spring onions, cut into large diagonals
- 1x 300g bag washed spinach
- 1 x 800g middle fillet of salmon (200g each) on the skin but scaled, no pin bones
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 230C gas 8.
- Place the peppers, olives, spring onions into a baking tray, mix well.
- Season well with salt and pepper, then sprinkle over the spinach leaves.
- Make a hole in the centre and place the salmon fillet in, again season well with salt and pepper.
- Place the tray into the hot oven and cook for 12-14 minutes, or roughly until the salmon fillet is half cooked (you will see small white globules of cooked protein halfway up the side of the fillet, but the centre fillet still raw)
- Remove the tray from the oven when the salmon half cooked, cover with foil and leave in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, re mix all the peppers and the wilted spinach, check the seasoning, the fish will now be perfectly cooked.
- Serve in the tray and spoon off the salmon with the vegetables.