Prep Time: 30 mins
Ready in: 15 mins
Difficulty: Very Easy
- 8 slices malted/kibbled bread
- 8 slices large white sandwich loaf
- 4 x 75-85g slices turkey breast
- 1 medium egg beaten
- 2 tbsp flour
- 150g Panko breadcrumbs
- 4 tbsp any oil
- 1 tbsp American mustard
- 2 tbsp finely chopped gherkins
- 2 tsp sugar
- 8 tbsp mayonnaise
- 200g smoked shaved turkey ham
- 8 leaves Cos or Romaine lettuce
- 2 beef tomatoes
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 small red onion finely cut into rings
- 4 tbsp any vinegar
- First flatten the turkey in between cling film with a little water.
- Next dip in flour, egg and the Panko breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil and gently cook the schnitzels on both sides for 3-4 minutes, then keep warm.
- Next toast the brown bread and butter well.
- Butter the white un toasted bread.
- Mix the mayo, gherkins and sugar together.
- Sprinkle the vinegar over the onions and leave for 10 minutes to soften.
- Lay a slice of buttered white on a board and add a little lettuce.
- Spoon on a little mayo and 2 nice slices of tomato.
- Top with the first slice of brown bread.
- Add a slice of Swiss cheese, shaved turkey, blob more mayo.
- Add the next toasted brown bread slice, then the warm schnitzel, pickled onion rings, mayo 2 slices tomato and Swiss cheese.
- Top with the last slice of white un toasted bread and press down.
- Cut in half diagonally and secure with long skewers and serve with extra dipping mayo.
- Repeat for the other 3 sandwiches.