This is a nice simple recipe, just mix the wet and dry ingredients together and bake off! However, do not over mix when adding the dry and wet ingredients together or the cooked muffins will be tough and chewy.
- Dry ingredients
- 2 level tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 80g sugar
- 225g plain flour
- 75g cocoa powder
- 80g chopped dark chocolate
- 200g chopped white chocolate
- Wet ingredients
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100mls skimmed milk
- 400ml tomato soup
- Preheat the oven to 180c gas 4.
- Mix the baking powder, bicarb, flour, sugar and chocolate - really well.
- Mix the eggs, vanilla, milk and tomato soup really well.
- Add the egg mix to the dry flour and mix lightly.
- Spoon into the muffin cases and pop into the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes, do not overcook or the muffins will be dry.
- Once well risen and soft to the touch, remove from the oven and cool.