If you've had a big starter or main course then this is the ideal sweet. It's also very easy and tasty - no doubt my great mate Nick Nairn will put this in his next book!!
- 300ml/½ pint fresh orange juice
- 4 large peeled pears, poached
- 25g/1oz unsalted butter
- 300ml/½ pint double cream
- 115g/4oz toasted flaked almonds
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 55g/2oz caster sugar to taste
- The juice of half a lemon
- Heat the orange juice in a pan and bring to the boil, then simmer.
- Dry the pears using kitchen paper, cut in half, then cut each half into three wedges.
- Heat the butter in a sauté or frying pan until it begins to foam, then add the pears and cook for 2-3 minutes. Pour in the cream and hot orange juice and just warm through.
- Finally, add flaked almonds, mint and sugar and add lemon juice to taste. Serve.