Prep Time: 10 mins
Ready in: 35 mins
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 large onion,
- 2 small carrots, no need to peel
- 2 sticks celery
- ½ head cauliflower
- 2 large potatoes, no need to peel
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ loaf sour dough bread, ripped into small pieces.
- Pre heat the oven to 200C gas 6.
- Chop the pepper, onion, carrots and celery into 3 cm pieces.
- Cut the cauli into roughly the same size.
- The potatoes slightly smaller so they cook quicker.
- Place all the veg in a bowl add the garlic, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper really mix well.
- Tip into a baking tray and add 2 tbsp cold water, cover with foil tightly.
- Place the tray onto the open gas and heat until you here the veg sizzle then bake in the hot oven for 30 minutes, or until all the veg are soft.
- (doing this cuts the oven time by a third)
- Once soft, lift off the foil, turn the oven up to 220C gas 7.
- Stir the veg well top with the bread and re bake to get rid of any moisture and the bread and veg take a nice colour.
- Season well with salt and pepper and serve.