Makes: 4-6 Burgers
Prep Time: 20 mins
Ready in: 10 - 12 mins
- 500g British turkey thigh mince
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ medium egg white, lightly beaten
- ground pepper
- 1-2 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
- 150g Gruyere cheese cut into small slices
- 4 tbsp oil
- Sliced ciabatta and lettuce to serve
- For the Relish
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes, chopped into small pieces
- ½ small red onion, very finely chopped
- ½ small red chilli, very finely chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- juice 1 large lime
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch sugar
- Place the turkey, mayonnaise, basil, Worcestershire sauce and egg white together into a bowl.
- Mix really well, then add the seasoning, and dried breadcrumbs and mix well again.
- Leave to chill for 30 minutes, so the mixture can tighten, once the breadcrumbs reconstitute themselves.
- Mould into 4 or 6 balls, then flatten slightly into small patties. Place a small piece of Gruyere cheese in the centre and reform into a ball and flatten again.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, than add the burgers, cook for a couple of minutes, then flip over and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients for the relish and serve with the burgers on top of toasted slices of ciabatta and lettuce.