Biscuits like they used to be. The kids are going to love these _ especially if they help you to make them in the first place. These biscuits have a lovely consistency. Warning: they do tend to go very fast indeed.
- 140g salted butter
- 280g self-raising flour
- 140g caster sugar
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 55g raisins
- 1 medium egg
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C, gas mark 5.
- Rub the cold butter into the flour well.
- Add the sugar, lemon zest and raisins and bring together gently.
- Add the beaten egg and mix well.
- Roll out to ½cm thick, cut out with an 8cm diameter plain cutter.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until lightly browned and cooked.
- Remove from the oven, cool then remove from the tray.
- Store in an airtight container and don't eat them all at once.