A true classic recipe _ this one is made simple with Carnation. Normally you have to whisk egg whites etc _ but this one sets perfectly without and has a lighter texture than most recipes.
- 3tsp Nescafe Espresso powder
- 5tbsp cold water
- 3tbsp coffee liqueur
- 300g tub low fat cream cheese
- 6tbsp Carnation Condensed Milk
- 1tsp natural vanilla extract (not essence
- 8 sponge fingers
- 15g (½oz) cocoa
- You will also need 4 pretty cocktail or open wine glasses
- Dissolve the coffee granules in 2tbsp boiling water.
- Tip into a large shallow dish with the coffee liqueur and the cold water. Mix together.
- Beat the cream cheese with the condensed milk and vanilla.
- Dip one sponge finger into the coffee mixture until soaked.
- Break the sponge into the bottom of one of the glasses.
- Top with a generous spoonful of the custard and a generous sprinkling of cocoa. Repeat the layers once more, finishing with the cocoa dusting. Use the remaining mixture to fill the other 3 glasses.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.