- 700g carrots, organic or bunched
- 115g unsalted butter, softened but not melted
- 4 large tbsp chopped dill
- juice of ½ lemon
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Cut the carrots into 4 lengthways.
- Beat the butter and lemon juice together season well with salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped dill and mix well.
- Spoon onto a piece of greaseproof paper, or cling film and role up into a sausage shape, secure the ends and chill well.
- Cook the carrots in plenty of boiling salted water with a couple of teaspoons of sugar, until just cooked.
- Drain really well, and just cover with cling film to keep in the flavour.
- When it comes to serving, heat the carrots in a little boiling water or pop them in the micro wave, place in a dish.
- Unwrap the butter, cut into ½ cm slices, lay on top of the carrots and serve half melted.
- The butter can be made and kept in a fridge for a couple of weeks sealed, or frozen for 2 months.