Prep Time: 25 mins
- 200g salted butter
- 100g castor sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 260g plain flour
- 500g fresh strawberries, washed and then hulled, keep 4 nice strawberries for the tip
- 2-3 tbsp strawberry jam
- 568mls double cream, very lightly whipped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place the butter, salt and castor sugar into a mixing bowl beat until just soft.
- Add the egg yolk and flour and mix to a stiff dough.
- Remove from the bowl, wrap in cling film and chill well.
- Pre heat the oven to 190C gas 5.
- Roll out and use when needed, do take care to roll quickly as the butter warms up very quickly making it difficult to work with.
- Cut 12 small discs say 7cm across 1/2 cm thick and carefully place onto a silicone lined baking sheet.
- Bake until lightly coloured 15-18 minutes.
- Then remove from the oven and leave to cool before trying to lift off the sheet.
- When ready to serve place one disc on a plate add a little strawberry jam. Arrange a few strawberries and a small blob of cream in the centre.
- Top with a second disc and repeat the process, finally adding the top disc.
- Top with a blob of cream and dust with icing sugar, finally place a dipped strawberry on top and serve with strawberry sauce.