Prep Time: 20 mins
Ready in: 20-25 mins
- 4 long slices air dried ham, British is better
- 4 medium chicken breasts
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1½ tsp Dijon mustard
- pinch castor sugar
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 6-8 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp very finely chopped raw carrot
- 2 tbsp very finely chopped dessert apple such a Cox
- 4 tbsp roughly chopped parsley
- ½ red onion, VERY finely sliced
- 150g Cropwell Bishop Stilton, crumbled or forked, but not a mush
- Make the dressing, by whisking the mustard with a pinch of salt, sugar and pepper.
- Add the vinegar then drizzle in the olive oil.
- Next add the chopped carrot, apple, parsley and onion and really mix well.
- Finally add the cheese, then leave for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Carefully wrap a slice of air dried ham around each chicken breast.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a sauté pan, dust the breasts with the cracked pepper.
- Add the wrapped chicken and cook slowly for about 20 minutes, turning occasionally, so that the chicken cooks thoroughly and the air dried ham crispens.
- Serve sliced, on top of some sliced endive and a little watercress, drizzle over the dressing and serve warm.