- 600g Shoulder of lamb cubed
- 3 Onions medium chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 Carrots, med chopped finely
- Rosemary, fresh 4 sprigs
- 3 ½ pints of Water
- 4 lamb/chicken stock cubes
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 sticks of Celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 12 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- Fresh mint chopped
- Place the lamb, onions, carrots, rosemary, bay, garlic, water, stock cubes and celery into a saucepan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until very tender.
- Skim well, all the time. Then season well with salt and pepper.
- Make the oil by liquidising the oil and mint together, and possibly a little black pepper.
- To serve, heat the soup and finally top with the minted oil.