My sauce brings out the best in your Christmas pudding but you know what, it's also fantastic over gently warmed mince pies. Enjoy.
- 568ml double cream
- 1 tsp mixed spice, optional
- 115g unsalted butter, cubed
- 140g light brown soft sugar
- 100ml (small glass) brandy
- Place the cream, spice, butter and sugar into a saucepan and gently warm.
- Stir all the time until the mixture comes to the boil, then add the brandy and stir well.
- Re-boil and serve with Christmas pudding or even mince pies.