Prep Time: 30 mins
Ready in: 30 mins
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion very finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- pinch garam masala
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2cm pieces
- 150g cooked petit pois peas
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 250g filo pastry
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 bunch fresh chives
- Pre heat the oven to 220C gas 7.
- Heat the oil, then add the onions and garlic, then the spices and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Next add the spuds and cook for a further 5-6 minutes, turning all the time.
- Cover with a lid and steam the potatoes until cooked, probably be 8-10 minutes.
- Once cooked remove the lid and cook until all the liquid has gone, then add the peas and coriander off the heat.
- Season well with salt and pepper, then cool.
- Lay the filo out and cut into 8cm squares, or slightly smaller.
- Stick 2 pieces together with a little egg and spoon a large teaspoon of the mixture into the centre.
- Egg the edges and fold up and squeeze the tops together, making it look like small money bag.
- If you want to be a bit cheffy, then tie a fresh chive around the top to look like string.
- Egg well then bake in the oven for 15 minutes until cooked and nicely coloured.
- Serve warm but not too hot.