Prep Time: 15 mins
Ready in: 20 mins
- 4 x 200g pieces of salmon fillet, skin on
- For the seasoning
- 2 tsp black peppercorns
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 12 tsp ground nutmeg
- 12 tsp ground allspice
- 12 tsp salt
- 2 x 240g cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp of the spice mix above
- 1 x 410g can cannellini or haricot beans, rinsed and well drained
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- freshly milled black pepper
- 150g jarred mixed roasted red peppers, cut into thick strips
- 200g sun blush tomatoes, cut into 2 or 3 pieces
- 4 tbsp roughly chopped parsley
- thick yogurt Goat’s if possible
- Pre heat the oven to 220°C gas 7.
- Toss the chickpeas and olive oil together well, then add the spice and mix well.
- Spoon into a baking tray, then roast in the hot oven for 15 -20 minutes to brown nicely. Stir occasionally, do not burn.
- Meanwhile, roughly puree the beans with the 5 tbsp of olive oil, tomato puree, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. You may need to add a little more oil.
- Once the peas are cooked spoon into a bowl and pour over the puree mixture, mix well and cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled add the peppers and tomatoes, mix well, but carefully.
- Finally add the parsley and re season.
- To serve, place a non stick frying pan on the stove add add 2-3 tbsp oil and heat gently.
- Season the salmon well with the rest of the spice mix, not on the skin though.
- Once the oil is heated sit the salmon skin side down in the pan and cook until the fish starts to turn opaque under the skin.
- Transfer to the oven for 3 minutes (the fish will still be slightly undercooked on top.
- Remove from the oven and turn each piece of salmon over then leave for 2-3 minutes.
- (THE FISH MUST BE UNDERCOOKED)
- Spoon the salad into a bowl and top with the salmon.
- Serve with a little thick yogurt.