- 250g bitter chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 250mls whipping cream
- 3 heaped tablespoons glucose syrup (30g)
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- Gold leaf
- Silver leaf
- Chop the chocolate and place into a clean dry bowl.
- Bring the cream and the glucose together to the boil, leave to cool slightly for 1 minute, then whisk onto the chocolate.
- Then leave to cool at room temperature.
- When the mixture has thickened enough to pipe out, pipe onto a tray covered with cling film, roughly the size of cherry, then chill well, covered.
- When the truffles have set remove from the fridge and using the palms of the hands roll into small balls, then re chill.
- Roll half the truffles in good quality cocoa powder and the other half in gold and silver leaf, serve.