Prep Time: 15 mins
Ready in: 30 mins
- 6 large sheets of filo pastry
- 115g melted unsalted butter
- 150g fine fresh breadcrumbs
- 12 ripe plums, halved, stoned and quartered
- 200g fresh blueberries
- 115g ground almonds
- heaped tbsp plum or damson jam (Wilkin & Sons)
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 50mls brandy, optional
- icing sugar for dusting
- Pre heat the oven to 200°C gas 6.
- Arrange the first sheet of filo on a well floured tea towel, then brush with a little melted butter.
- Repeat the process with the other 5 sheets, keep covered or the filo will dry out rapidly.
- Sprinkle the top buttered filo sheet with the breadcrumbs and ground almonds evenly.
- In a bowl mix the plums, blueberries, spices, jam, cornflour and brandy well.
- Spread over the filo leaving a 4cm gap around the edge.
- Fold the sides in, and then carefully roll up.
- Roll off onto a buttered baking sheet.
- Brush with melted butter, then bake in the pre heated oven for 35 - 40 minutes, or until well browned.
- Remove from the oven, cool slightly, cover with icing sugar and a little cinnamon, and then slice.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.