- 5 leaves gelatine, approx 8g
- 75ml pomegranate juice
- 125ml cold water
- 85g caster sugar
- 600ml pink Champagne, or other sparkling wine
- To decorate:
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate
- 275ml approximately, whipped double cream
- 4 cocktail cherries
- Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water for 5 minutes to soften
- Meanwhile, pour the pomegranate juice and 125ml water into a pan with the sugar and gently heat until the sugar has melted
- Squeeze the excess water out of the soaked gelatine then add the gelatine to the warm water and juice. Melt slowly over a very low heat until the gelatine has dissolved, but do not allow to boil.
- Add the Champagne and stir well to thoroughly mix. If the liquid has a froth on the top, just leave to stand for a few minutes.
- Divide the mixture between 4 - 6 Champagne glasses and chill well overnight to set
- To serve the next day, decorate with pomegranate seeds, whipped cream and cherries