- 4 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 3 salted anchovy fillets
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 small clove garlic, finely crushed
- 6-8 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tbsp fresh chopped fresh basil
- 1 small red onion, very finely sliced
- 1 red 1 yellow 1 green peppers, roasted then cut into long slices
- 10 ripe full flavour tomatoes
- 250g sourdough ripped into small pieces, ten baked until crisp in the oven
- Place all the ingredients into a blender for the dressing and blitz until you have a rough puree.
- Place the onions into a bowl along with the sliced roasted warm peppers.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and squeeze the seeds and juice over the peppers, the cut into quarters and add.
- Add the sourdough pieces and then the dressing mix well, leave for 15 – 20 minutes then serve in deep bowls.