As with a lot of Italian cooking, and I suppose this saying goes for all cooking really, the simpler the better. The marriage of blue cheese and rocket is a match made in heaven.Its best to try and use the Italian cheeses, as this really makes the dish authentic. I had a version of all these flavours together in Florence last year and it blew me away, they are fantastic. Just use a bag of rocket, they can be found in all the supermarkets these days and the semi dried pasta that cooks in 3 minutes. Watercress can also be used if you cannot find rocket.
- 175g semi dried ready to cook Penne or Rigatoni pasta
- 100g Gorgonzola or Dolcellatte cheese (Stilton works well also)
- 100g Rocket, chopped roughly
- 2 tbspn olive oil, you may need more its really up to you
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Place a pan of water on the stove and bring to the boil.
- Add salt and re boil, and then drop in the ready to cook Penne, they will only need to be cooked for three minutes, but check the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile cut the cheese into small pieces, not too small or you will loose the lovely effect of melting chunks in the finished pasta.
- Once the pasta is cooked, strain well and return to the pan, add the olive oil and toss well.
- Add the cheese, rocket and season well with salt and pepper and toss again.
- Spoon into 2 large bowls and drizzle over a little olive oil and that's it.
- Serve with a large glass of chilled Pinot Grigio and a chunk of warm Focaccia bread.