A fresh and juicy recipe that you can whip up in just a few minutes.
- 1 pheasant, split in half, backbone and all breast bones and thigh removed, leave the drumstick attached
- 2 tbsp mild good quality curry spice
- 200mls thick Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- ½ ripe mango, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing and leave to for 30 minutes.
- Place the prepared pheasants into a bowl add the curry spices and rub in well.
- Preheat the grill to its hottest setting, place the pheasants a non stick baking tray and rub well with oil and salt and pepper.
- Place under the hot grill and cook for about 8-10 minutes on each side, or until the juices run clear when pierced with a knife or skewer, and the bird is nicely glazed.
- You may want to place the birds on the bottom of the grill to cook through the drumstick, once the bird is nicely browned.
- Once cooked remove from the grill and leave to rest for covered with foil for a couple of minutes.
- Serve hot with the mango and mint dressing spooned over the top.