Recipe from JML's Bubbles & Brunch event.
- 100ml cold water
- 150g castor sugar
- 1 vanilla pod (split with seeds removed)
- 1 small red chilli
- 55g butter
- 1 fresh pineapple sliced
- 200g Greek yoghurt
- Place the water and sugar in the small Grill Circle® along with the vanilla pod, and chilli, cut into very small pieces, and bring to the boil.
- Once the syrup has come to the boil take off immediately and leave to infuse and cool.
- Place the larger Copper Stone Pans® on the stove and melt the butter. Just as the butter stops foaming and is about to turn brown, pop in the well-drained pineapple slices and brown them on both sides, this should take a few minutes.
- Once they are slightly brown add the chilli syrup and bring to the boil, the butter will slightly thicken the syrup, then serve straight away. It’s rather nice to serve this dish with some thick-set Greek yoghurt to offset the sweetness of the whole pudding.
- Serve the dessert warm.