This is a fresh delicate dip that works well with either fish or meat cooked on a bar b q. The secret is to not cook the sauce for too long, this will keep its freshness.
- 200mls mirin (Japanese fermented rice liqueur)
- 100mls soy sauce
- 1 tsp Five spice powder
- 25g fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 5 spring onions finely chopped
- ½ tsp finely chopped red chilli
- Place all the ingredients into a saucepan and just bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Serve with the salmon and coriander pesto burge