- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 3 large potatoes, peeled, chopped and boiled till cooked
- 350g salmon bits, roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat the four tablespoons of oil and soften the onions and peppers for 10 minutes.
- Mash the cooked warm potatoes.
- Add the salmon to the warm potatoes, then add the onions and peppers and mix well.
- Season well with salt and pepper and add a little more oil to moisten slightly.
- Chill well, then when cold form into a large patty.
- Heat 1cm of vegetable oil in a non-stick, oven-proof frying pan.
- Add the fishcake mix, press down and cook over a medium heat for about 4-5 minutes then put into the oven and warm through.
- Turn out and serve.