Makes: 8 to 10
Prep Time: 20 mins
Ready in: 4 hours
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 150g (5oz) double chocolate cookies, crushed
- 170g tube Carnation Condensed Milk
- 225g (8oz) bitter chocolate (70% cocoa solids), melted
- 142ml carton double cream
- To Finish
- 225g (8oz) frozen raspberries defrosted
- Icing sugar & cocoa powder, to dust
- In a small bowl mix the crushed biscuits into the melted butter and spread into the base of a 20cm (8in) loose-bottomed cake tin. Chill well.
- Place the condensed milk and chocolate into a large bowl.
- Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently, until the chocolate has melted. Using an electric hand whisk, beat well until smooth and leave to cool for a few minutes. Whisk the cream into the chocolate mixture and pour over the chilled biscuit base. Freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, remove from the freezer, run a warm, dry pallet knife around the edges of the torte and remove from the tin. The torte will be super-chilled but not frozen.
- Gently crush the defrosted raspberries and add a little icing sugar to taste.
- Place the turned out torte onto a serving dish and spoon over the crushed raspberries.
- Serve with extra thick cream, clotted preferably and a dusting of icing sugar and cocoa powder.