Prep Time: 10 mins
Ready in: 15 mins
- 4 x 150g turkey breast slices free of skin, then cut into 2cm pieces
- 300ml dry cider
- pinch of sugar
- 150ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Cox’s apples
- 150ml double cream
- 1 small bunch fresh basil chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the cider, sugar and chicken stock in a pan and bring to the boil then simmer rapidly until thick and syrupy.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok.
- When the oil starts to smoke add the turkey and stir fry for about 10 minutes, adding a little salt and pepper. Do not over cook.
- When cooked tip into a colander and drain.
- Meanwhile peel the apples then cut each one into six pieces and take out the core, then cut each piece in half.
- Add the cream to the cider reduction and bring to the boil, add the apples and cook for 1 minute, no longer.
- Add the turkey and basil to the sauce and stir to coat then season again.
- Serve with couscous and green beans.