Makes: about 16 biscuits
Prep Time: 10 mins
Ready in: 10 mins
- 175g soft unsalted butter
- 50g castor sugar
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- 150g self raising flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 220mls double cream, lightly whipped
- 50g icing sugar
- 50g tinned chestnut puree, vanilla extract
- 20g cocoa powder
- Pre heat the oven to 180 Degrees C gas 4.
- Place a piece of silicone paper onto a baking sheet.
- Next place the butter, cocoa powder, allspice and sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Beat together until light and fluffy, and then fold in the flour and mix to well.
- Fill a piping bag fitted with 1cm, fluted nozzle and pipe 16 circles about 4cm wide.
- The biscuits will spread slightly when cooked, so you don't have to worry too much.
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove from the oven, do not try to move the biscuits straight away as they will break, so leave to cool.
- Make the filling by whipping the cream and chestnut puree together, then adding the sugar and cocoa powder.
- Sandwich the cooled biscuits together and then dust with icing sugar.