- 4 medium chicken thighs, skin off bone in still
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4-6 tbsp condensed milk
- 100mls water
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 4 tbsp cornflour
- 200g approx. panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 200C gas 6.
- Place a chicken thigh on a board and with a sharp knife run it down each side of the bone.
- Cut around one end or knuckle, then run the knife along the uncut side and pull the bone back onto itself and flatten but leaving it attached to the end of the thigh.
- Press flat and repeat with the following 3 thighs.
- Season the thighs well with salt and pepper.
- Place the eggs, mustard, condensed milk and water into a bowl and whisk together well.
- Lightly dust each thigh in a little cornflour, then dip into beaten egg and finally breadcrumbs, pat down well.
- Cook the thighs in a little oil and butter for 4-5 minutes on each side then pop into the oven for 10-15 minutes to cook through.