The quesadillas are more than a recipe... they are a Mexican classic and possibly one of the most popular dishes found in Mexican cuisine. They are the ultimate snack; fast, crispy and gooey! They can be so many things, sweet or savoury and eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 VERY thinly sliced large red onions
- 1 green pepper finely chopped
- 4-5 slices pickled jalapenos
- 200g strong Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese, grated
- 200g wafer thin chicken
- 4 tbsp roughly chopped, fresh coriander
- 6-8 tbsp mayonnaise
- 8 large soft wraps
- Gently fry the onion and chilli in the oil until soft and golden, about 15 minutes.
- Divide the ingredients between the 4 four wraps.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of cheese onto one half of a wrap.
- Place the chicken and more cheese on top.
- Blob on the mayonnaise, coriander and jalapeno.
- Top with the second tortilla.
- Place into a quesadilla iron or into a large frying pan and cook until the cheese melts.
- Serve cut in quarters.