This is a revised recipe based on the chocolate banoffee pie from Phils Book 'A Passion for Puddings' - we've made it much quicker and easier to make ...
- 85g (3oz) butter
- 250g (9oz) dark chocolate digestive biscuits, finely crushed
- 200g (7oz) dark chocolate, melted
- 397g can Carnation Caramel
- 4 bananas
- 300ml carton double cream, lightly whipped
- cocoa powder, to dust
- Add the melted butter to the crushed biscuits and blend well. Press the mixture into the base and partway up the sides of an 18cm (7") loose-bottomed cake tin, then chill well.
- Make the filling: melt the chocolate gently in the microwave then mix in the Carnation Caramel. Beat until smooth. Spread the filling over the biscuit base and chill for about 1 hour, until firm.
- To serve, slice the bananas, fold half of them into the whipped cream and spoon over the base. Decorate with the remaining bananas and dust liberally with cocoa powder.