Prep Time: 20 mins
Ready in: 15 mins
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 150g brown chestnut mushrooms, 1/4rd
- 500g sprouts, trimmed
- 8 large Medjool dates chopped into small pieces
- 50g salted butter, cubed
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan so you have enough room to have all the sprouts in a single layer.
- Add the mushrooms, onions and garlic and cook until all the moisture has gone and the onions have taken a little colour.
- Add the sprouts, dates, salt pepper and a touch of water.
- Bring to the boil, turn down the heat and cover with a tight fitting lid.
- Simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the sprouts are cooked, I like them slightly overcooked.
- Remove the lid and boil away all the moisture, or simply tip off.
- Add the butter, swirl and melt, serve with plenty of chopped chives and parsley.