- For the blueberry compote:
- 100g (3½oz) blueberries
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 4tsp icing sugar
- For the cheesecake
- 200g (7oz) shortbread biscuits
- 40g (1½oz) butter, melted
- 405g can Carnation Condensed Milk Light
- 2 x 250g tubs Mascarpone cheese
- juice of 2 large lemons
- 4 passion fruit
- Tumble the blueberries into a small pan with the juice of half a lemon and the icing sugar, bring to the boil rapidly and then allow to cool, before chilling while you make the base and filling.
- Grease a 20cm (8") spring-form tin with baking parchment.
- Crush the biscuits and mix together with the melted butter then lightly press into the tin. Chill.
- Meanwhile beat together the condensed milk and Mascarpone cheese until completely smooth. Add the juice of 2 lemons and combine thoroughly, this should thicken the mixture.
- Spread slightly more than half the cream mixture onto the biscuit base, spreading out to seal with the edges of the cake tin. Using a spoon make a large, shallow well in the centre. Spoon the cooled blueberry mixture into the well and top with the remaining cream mixture. Spread out evenly to encase the blueberries. Chill for 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, carefully transfer the cheesecake to a serving plate. Halve the passion fruit and spoon the seeds onto the top.