Prep Time: 20 mins
Ready in: 15 mins
- 700g lean good quality British beef mince
- 1 medium egg, just the white for a healthier burger
- Plenty of salt and freshly milled black pepper.
- 1 tspn Cajun or Chinese five spice powder.
- A touch of Tabasco sauce.
- For the Sauce
- 4 spring onions chopped finely
- ½ tspn Cajun spice 125 mls Whiskey
- 75 mls dark soy sauce 1 red pepper finely diced
- 150g tomato ketchup 100g soft
- brown sugar 1 tbspn chopped Parsley 1 touch of dried Oregano
- 1 tbspn chopped rosemary 55g Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Mix the meat with all the spices and egg, season well and mould into 4 large 2cm thick burgers, chill well until needed.
- Place all the ingredients for the sauce into a bowl and mix well, finally add the peppers and onions.
- Best left overnight and will keep for a week in the fridge.
- Pre heat the bar-b-que until the coals are light grey.
- Lightly brush the burgers with a little veg oil, not too much or the flames will flare up and burn the burgers.
- Place the burgers on and cook on both sides until the juices run clear about 6-8 minutes on each side
- Remove from the grill and spoon over a little sauce, serve with some roasted peppers, and a large bowl of coleslaw.
- A quick tip, try making coleslaw with the normal finely grated carrots, cabbage and onions, then instead of using mayonnaise, add a light vinaigrette. Not only does the vinegar breakdown the raw vegetables, but a lot healthier.