Make 1 large fishcake
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 red pepper de seeded and chopped very finely
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled, chopped and boiled and mashed
- 350g salmon bits, finely chopped
- salt & freshly milled black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 150g -200g panko breadcrumbs
Heat the4 tbsp of oil and soften the onions, garlic and peppers for 10 minutes
Mash the cooked warm potatoes.
Add the salmon to the warm potatoes, then add the onions and peppers and mix well.
Season well with salt and pepper, add a little more oil to moisten slightly.
Chill well, then when cold form into small balls.
Coat in the flour, egg and breadcrumbs.
Fry in small batches in 3-4 cm hot oil.
Serve with cocktail sticks