- Oven 165°C or 325°F
- Remove 2 tbsp of the sugar and place in a pan with 4 tbsp of water to cover
- Beat the eggs in a bowl then add the rest of the sugar and add the Ground Almonds and Beat again.
- Heat the sugar gently to dissolve, stirring as it does. Simmer to form syrup that lightly coats the back of a spoon, this takes about 4 mins.
- Place this in the cake tin and pour the egg mixture over it.
- Place in a bain marie with very hot water and into a preheated oven for 30 mins
- Remove from the oven and cool in the bain marie until the water is tepid and you can put your finger in the water comfortably.
- Turn out the dessert and sprinkle with toasted faked Almonds