This is a great breakfast recipe - try on special occasions when you want to make someone feel special ...
- 550g (1¼lb) fresh or frozen mixed berries, defrosted
- 6 tbsp water
- 85g (3oz) caster or vanilla sugar
- 405g can Carnation Condensed Milk Light
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2tsp ground cinnamon
- 55g (2oz) butter, for frying
- 12 thick slices of fruit brioche
- Place the berries in a pan with half the water and the sugar. Heat gently and bring to the boil, then allow to simmer for 1 minute to soften the fruits slightly. Set aside.
- Whisk together the condensed milk, eggs and cinnamon in a mixing bowl with the remaining water.
- Transfer the mixture to a shallow dish.
- Heat a little butter in a large non-stick frying pan.
- Take each slice of brioche and immerse into the egg batter, allow to soak for a few seconds.
- Gently fry the brioche in batches on both sides until golden brown.
- To serve, place two slices of brioche onto a warm plate and spoon over the berry mixture.