- 4/5 large assorted sausages, cut into 1cm pieces
- 25g/1oz unsalted butter
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tspn cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tspn fennel seeds
- 1 tspn red chilli, finely chopped
- 4 tbspn chopped coriander
- 225g/8oz Basmati rice
- Glass of white wine
- 600ml/1 pint strong chicken stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to Gas 4 / 180°C / 350°F.
Heat the butter in a large ovenproof pan, add the sausages and cook for a couple of minutes to take a little colour.
Remove the sausages from the pan and add the spices and cook for 2 minutes to release the flavour, add onion and garlic and cook gently for about 5 minutes until soft.
Add the rice and coat well in the oils and butter then add the wine, stock, sausages and coriander. Season well then bring to the boil, stirring. Cover the pan with a tight fitting lid and cook in the oven for 14-16 minutes, or until the rice is tender. Stir well and serve.